Since 1994, the University of Newcastle Law Students’ Association (UNLSA) has promoted the interests of Newcastle law students within the University, the legal profession and the wider community.
As a nonprofit student body, UNLSA continually aims to provide law students with the best access to relevant information, educational experiences and peer support.
The objects of UNLSA include to:
- safeguard and further the academic interests of members, including monitoring of study conditions, courses, library facilities and all other matters of concern to members;
- raise awareness of, and involve members in, matters of general concern to the Association;
- foster a good relationship between the Association and the legal profession;
- organise academic competitions;
- provide activities for the social recreation of members;
- foster a good relationship between members and staff;
- promote the Newcastle Law School and University of Newcastle Legal Centre; and
- foster a positive culture and spirit of collegiality among members.
If you would like further information regarding UNLSA, please do not hesitate to contact our President, Andreena Kardamis at email@example.com
All students enrolled in a Law degree at Newcastle University are encouraged to get involved with and take advantage of the UNLSA, and becoming a member is the first step to doing that.
Membership is only $5 per year and entitles you to:
- free or discounted entry to all social events;
- the opportunity to play in our social, interfaculty and intervarsity sporting teams;
- an invitation to social justice forums and barbeques;
- free registration for all our competitions;
- access to student support services;
- free copies of all our publications including the Clerkship Guide, Graduate Guide, Justitia and much more…
UNLSA membership registration is open all year round!
- The organisation holds membership drives in the first few weeks of Semester One, and UNLSA representatives will be signing up new and renewing old members during this time.
- Alternatively, you can become a member or renew your membership online.
- If you’d like to pay in cash or register in person check the UNLSA Office Open Hours, drop by, and sign up!
By-Laws & Constitution
If you have any questions regarding our By-Laws or Constitution, please request information via the Contact page.
Office Open Hours
During the University Semester (excluding Semester breaks) the UNLSA Office is open:
|Semester 1:||Semester 2:|
|Monday: 9am – 11pm
Tuesday: 11am – 12pm
Thursday: 11am – 1pm
Friday: 11pm – 12pm
Tuesday: 10-11am and 1 – 3pm
Thursday: 12 – 2pm
You are welcome to drop by and chat with a UNLSA Committee member regarding any ideas, questions, concerns or issues. Try on a UNLSA Jumper while you are there!
MC147, McMullin Building (Top Level), University of Newcastle, Callaghan NSW 2308
Our Mailing Address
c/- Newcastle Law School, McMullin Building, University of Newcastle, Callaghan NSW 2308