Since 1994, the University of Newcastle Law Students’ Association (UNLSA) has promoted the interests of Newcastle law students within the University, the legal profession and the wider community.
As a nonprofit student body, UNLSA continually aims to provide law students with the best access to relevant information, educational experiences and peer support.
The objects of UNLSA include to:
- safeguard and further the academic interests of members, including monitoring of study conditions, courses, library facilities and all other matters of concern to members;
- raise awareness of, and involve members in, matters of general concern to the Association;
- foster a good relationship between the Association and the legal profession;
- organise academic competitions;
- provide activities for the social recreation of members;
- foster a good relationship between members and staff;
- promote the Newcastle Law School and University of Newcastle Legal Centre; and
- foster a positive culture and spirit of collegiality among members.
If you would like further information regarding UNLSA, please do not hesitate to contact our President, Joseph Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org
By-Laws & Constitution
If you have any questions regarding our By-Laws or Constitution, please request information via the Contact page.
Office Open Hours – Semester Two 2013
During the University Semester (excluding Semester breaks) the UNLSA Office is open! You are welcome to drop by and chat with a UNLSA Committee member regarding any ideas, questions, concerns or issues. Try on a UNLSA Jumper while you are there!
MC150, McMullin Building (Top Level), University of Newcastle, Callaghan NSW 2308
Our Mailing Address
c/- Newcastle Law School, McMullin Building, University of Newcastle, Callaghan NSW 2308