NSW Young Lawyers
With more than 13,000 members, NSW Young Lawyers is the state’s largest body of young and newly practising lawyers, and law students. Active, innovative and dynamic, we support practitioners in the early stages of their career development, giving them the opportunity to meet, work together, expand their knowledge, advance their career and contribute to the profession and community.
Membership is free and automatic for all NSW lawyers under 36 years and/or in their first five years of practice, and law students.
Through our Continuing Legal Education (CLE) activities, we are able to support the development of programs for the benefit of both the legal profession and the community at large.
The projects and publications of the NSWYL various Committees focus on a range of practice areas such as Animal Law, Business Law, Criminal Law and International Law. Each Committee is designed to:
- Write submissions on proposed policy or law changes;
- Organise seminars and forums for the benefit of young lawyers, the profession and the community;
- Create, organise and implement projects for the benefit of young people or the disadvantaged;
- Organise networking and other social events; and
- Monitor and inform members of legal, procedural and commercial developments in the Committee’s practice area.
You can find student and graduate job opportunities on the LegalVitae website.
To become a member of the NSW Young Lawyers, you can visit here.